Humans of the Peninsula
Humans of the Peninsula works with NHS trusts in the County and the Department of Adult Social Care to provide care and support to enable people to leave hospital when there may be barriers to them going home, and ensure the person is supported to stabilise their situation, or until such times as a formal package of care and support is in place.
What does the Humans Network offer?
- Personal lifestyle Assistant bank staff employment opportunities – Short term roles from a few hours to a few weeks. Anyone can be a PA, you do not have to be working in care. PAs ensure a person’s safety, comfort & wellbeing. No personal care is required in these roles, its lifestyle support only.
- Self-employed carers – We can assist in matching you to a person with care needs in your community where there is a requirement for short or long term support
- Volunteering opportunities for random acts of kindness to any person – These requests would not be the type of activity a paid person should deliver.
- Permanent PA employment opportunities – We advertise opportunities on behalf of employers, and we help match you to a suitable role in your community
- Free DBS checks and Training mapped to the Care Certificate – Modules include: Confidentiality: Safeguarding: Moving & Handling: Medicine Awareness: Health & Safety in the community and Basic First Aid
Once you have signed up through the website, been through the appropriate checks, and undertaken the free training provided, you will be invited to download the Humans mobile App, through which you will receive live notifications of opportunities available within your locality. When a job is posted, it states day/s/times required and anyone can accept or decline a job according to their availability at that time.
Humans also provides live Zoom training sessions in a range of health conditions, which are free for people working as PAs and prospective PAs.
You can visit the Humans of the Peninsula website to find out more about the difference between short and long term PA roles and to sign up.