Join us at Corserv Care and work as a Care Assistant at Trefula House. Based in a lovely setting of a converted and extended farm house, with landscaped gardens, you will be a part of our team striving towards fulfilling the lives of our residents.
The role itself is very rewarding and enables you to be a part of someone’s life journey whilst supporting them to achieve their goals and positive outcomes. You will be working in a supportive environment where you will be enabled on a career journey, with learning and development opportunities and full training is given. Flexible working hours are available to benefit a work life balance.
If you can demonstrate empathy and compassion whilst going about your daily role within the home of our residents, whist retaining their dignity and respecting their individuality – we would love to hear from you.
Your job will be
· Assist Residents in all aspects of their care needs (e.g. physical, emotional and spiritual).
· Provide attention when needed ensuring residents retain their comfort and dignity.
· Pay particular attention to assisting residents who have limited mobility, or physical difficulties, making the best of aids available.
· Ensuring full privacy and dignity is maintained at all times, in line with the Company’s policies and procedures.
· Closely monitor residents who may be confused, emotionally distressed or display challenging behaviour and where there is potential for verbal and physical abuse.
· Assist in the care of residents who are dying or have a progressive illness and to support their families.
· Observe care planning needs for residents and complete written reports as instructed and in line with the Company’s policies and procedures.
· Report any concerns to Nurse in Charge.
· Participate in the maintenance of essential record keeping, through written recording on individual resident records.
· Assist in social activities by interacting with residents and helping them to continue with hobbies and activities in the Home.
· Assist residents who need help during mealtimes
· Assist with serving food / drinks as required / requested.
· Make and change beds, ensuring that rooms are clean and tidy.
· Ensure the highest possible levels of care are maintained by supporting and assisting Residents, when required, with washing, toileting, dressing/undressing, and all other aspects of daily living whilst promoting independence where possible.
· Support the residents in a way that maintains dignity and privacy.
To be great fit for this role, we are looking for you to:
Be friendly and approachable.
Value diversity and treat others with respect and in accordance with the equal opportunities policy
Listen to and appreciate others’ opinions and points of view.
Work flexibly and willingly contributes to the team’s work.
Be supportive of team members.
Be punctual and reliable.
Be organised and efficient.
Our offer to you
Salary: £12.00 – £13.00
Working Hours: Day shifts and Night shifts available on a rolling 2 week rota, which includes every other weekend.
Various shift patterns available: 8:00am to 8.15pm, 8:00am to 2:15pm, 2:00pm to 8:15pm, 8:00pm to 8:15am.
Contract Type: Permanent
Base: Trefula House, St Day, Redruth, TR16 5ET
Working with us you will have an employee benefits package that includes:
Generous pension scheme with employer contribution
Annual Leave: 31 days (including Bank Holidays). This is pro-rata for part time working patterns.
Access to Employee Discount Scheme, Blue Light card and Vectis card: All provide various discount on groceries, household bills, holidays and much more
Access to dedicated Wellbeing support.
Cycle to Work scheme
Investment and support in your continuous training and development
Opportunity to become a Safeguarding Advocate, Health & Wellbeing Champion and Mental Health First Aider
Current right to work in the UK; Corserv Care is not a licensed sponsor – we are unable to offer Certificates of Sponsorship.
Due to the location of Trefula House please check the Post Code before applying.
Trefula House St Day Road Redruth TR16 5ET
It’s really easy to apply for our roles – simply follow the link and upload a CV. Or call or email the People team for an application form 01872 323035 firstname.lastname@example.org
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of all our service users, clients and customers. You will be asked to complete a relevant DBS check to be successfully appointed to the role.
We work in partnership with healthcare professionals and local communities to offer high-quality care in Cornwall. Corserv Care provides a range of domiciliary and residential services under one brand.
Leading the way in delivering the best possible care services, we empower change and enhance quality of life. Our work is made possible by a committed and creative team, with positivity, innovation, collaboration and trust driving what we do and how we do it.
Thank you for your interest in supporting our important work at the Corserv Care.