Are you a caring and compassionate individual that would enjoy really making a difference? If so, we would love to hear from you.
We currently have several permanent vacancies available in the Liskeard/Torpoint area.
Cormac has an established team operating within Community offering long term care and support to people across Cornwall. Our care service has grown rapidly since its inception in October 2015 and will continue to grow to ensure that all residents of Cornwall have their long term care and support needs met. The service remains focused on providing care and support for individuals identified through Cornwall Council and is not currently available privately. The care team provide care for individuals in their own homes for as long as it is required.
About the role
The services that we provide cater for many vulnerable people in their own homes and within their local community; your work could range from encouraging people to do as much as they can for themselves, assisting with shopping and housework and cooking meals to very intimate personal care; including washing and dressing, with people who depend on you to enable them to stay at home. We’re all about quality care delivered with respect and compassion.
What we can offer you:
- Guaranteed hours ranging from 14 to 35 hours (average) per week
- Fixed rota patterns (8am–2pm AND/OR 5pm-9pm) alternate weekends
- £9.30 per hour
- Great career pathways into Care and Health sectors
- Comprehensive training to achieve your Care Certificate – fully paid for
- All travel time and full shift paid so you don’t lose out if one of your customers is in hospital or cancels their visit
- A rolling rota pattern, meaning you can plan for holidays and family time with ease
- Mileage paid at 40p per mile.
- Uniform, DBS and all personal protective equipment paid for
- Paid Annual Leave starting at 23 days (pro rata)
Previous experience in care is not essential as full training will be given, but common sense, empathy and a passion to help others and really make a difference is what we are looking for.
You will need good verbal and written communication skills and should have basic IT skills.
It is essential that you have access to a vehicle, with business insurance, as the role involves driving.
This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS check.
For further information or to apply, please contact Chelsea in our recruitment team.
Thank you for your time and interest in this position.
To apply you must have a valid driving licence and access to your own transport.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.