Website Cornwall Care
Free Meal + Quarterly Bonus + Referral Scheme + Shopping Discounts + Enhancements + Every other weekend off + double time for bank holidays!
19 Hours Per Week
Generous weekend working bonus, and every other weekend off.
Cornwall Care is a People Organisation.
As Cornwall’s largest provider of care, and a registered charity, we provide support services by compassionate, skilled individuals and teams. In short, we are ‘People in service of People’ with a vision to ‘Transform the human experience of the giving and receiving of care”.
And after more than 25 years, we still could not be prouder to say that ‘We Care for Cornwall’.
As an Activities Coordinator for Cornwall Care, you’ll be working in our Redannick Home alongside a team of likeminded individuals who all genuinely care about those people whose home you are working in.
What you’ll do:
· Listen to our residents, meet with family members talk with the home care staff to gain knowledge about a resident’s individual life story, experiences and interests.
· Plan and organise cost effective and stimulating activities for residents to include for example music, art, crafts and exercise programs.
· Plan and organise outings for residents
· Develop strong links with the local community to fund raise for the home activities and events.
· Assist resident’s at meal times and with general care needs as required.
What you’ll need:
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
· Great planning and organisational skills.
· IT literate
· Sensitivity and awareness of dementia, dependency, depression and people at risk of falls.
· Good standard of literacy and numeracy (GCSE B or equivalent)
· Full Clean Driving Licence.
What you’ll receive:
You’ll have access to free 24 hour counselling and legal advice services, shopping discounts with high street retailers and local suppliers.
If you’re looking for a career with Cornwall Care, there are very real opportunities to progress with us. Being a large organisation means a huge variety of other roles, right across the county.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.