We are looking for someone to support a young man who has muscular dystrophy and uses a wheelchair, based in the outskirts of Truro/Falmouth area. This role includes enabling him to access the community, helping him with social interaction, and supporting him in his interests in Formula 1 and gaming.
If you share these interests, consider yourself a caring person, and enjoy spending time with people, this might be the perfect role for you.
Due to the location and nature of the role, a driver is preferred.
- Higher weekend rate: £11.50 per hour
- Competitive mileage rate: 55p per mile
- Access to Blue Light Card discounts
- Employee of the Month programme
- Referral bonuses
- Company-funded training and qualifications
- Opportunities for career development
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To support and empower vulnerable people to live the life they have chosen for themselves.
- To provide age appropriate & dignified support consistent with individual choices and aspirations.
- To maintain care skills at a current level and undertake training.
- To support vulnerable people to access the community.
- Highly motivated and driven.
- Committed to positively impacting the lives of the vulnerable people we support.
- A flexible approach to work and a good team worker (perhaps you have worked in retail or hospitality and can demonstrate transferable skills in developing trusting relationships with clients and colleagues to achieve positive outcomes).
- Over the age of 18.
- Hold a valid UK driving licence.
- Experience in Health and Social Care is desirable but not essential (we are looking for the right people with the right characteristics and will provide full training and support in such cases).
- The willingness to learn.