We are looking for an energetic Personal Assistant to support our son with daily outings and activities. This role will involve some personal care and a DBS check is required. The ideal candidate will have a good sense of humour, bring a huge amount of patience and have their own transport. To say music has a big influence in this young man’s life is a huge understatement so if you can bring some form of musicality to the role that will be a huge advantage.
- To support our son in attending educational activities and sessions. This includes being outside in all weathers.
- To ensure the safety and well-being of our son at all times as well as the safety of others around him. Monitoring his changing coping and physical abilities and expectations accordingly.
- Providing physical support when necessary. This could involve wheelchair pushing, lifting and walking aid.
- Sometimes supporting basic functioning skills such as eating, drinking, communicating.
Benefits of the Role:
The desired candidate can have some flexibility with hours covered. We are seeking someone for 15 hours per week, term-time. The successful applicant will get to share in the hilarious moments that our son brings to each day and join in with the fun that we have as a family. He is a huge character and it is essential that whoever supports him can match his personality.
We look forward to hearing from you.Essential Skills:
-Previous experience in supporting children with challenging behaviour and sensory needs essential.
- Previous experience of working with individuals with ASD essential.
-Successful candidate to have some knowledge of PDA and CP or be willing to undertake training before commencement of role.
- The ability to be creative in everyday situations under pressure is essential.
-Excellent communication skills essential.
To apply for this job email your details to Lauz1818@hotmail.com.