* This role is a private arrangement with a person or family who is seeking support for someone else or themselves. You will not be employed by or carry out work for Humans Cornwall; we have a dedicated team to help identify private personal assistants for care and support. These roles are personally assisting somebody to achieve their goals, gain independence and/or manage their daily lives; These will be self-funded by the family or person, or they may receive a Direct payment from Cornwall council. *
Location: West Cornwall (Camborne)
20 year old young lady in Cornwall who likes art and craft, knitting and crocheting, seeks a kind and empathetic personal assistant to support her to access the Drym Valley Centre (TR14 0NU) on a Thursday. Young lady has a diagnosis of Autism and Learning Disabilities..
· Meet at Drym Valley Centre (day care provision for 18 + set in a unique rural setting).
· Support with activities at the centre
· Ability to recognise anxiety and to use established strategies to reduce young lady’s’ anxiety.
Hourly rate of pay: £10.90 or £13.54 (If self-employed)
Hours per week: 6 hours
Thursday – 6 hours (9.30am – 3.30pm but flexibility to work around school pick up times if needed).
– A proactive and caring approach; willing to adapt to the needs of the person you are supporting
– Full driving licence
– Experience of working with people with autism and/or learning disabilities.
Offers of employment may be subject to DBS checks & referencing. If the role is on a self-employed basis, please ensure you have proof of employment status and public liability insurance.
When applying, your C.V. will be passed onto the family or person for their consideration. Due to the high number of applicants that are received for various roles, it is not possible to inform applicants if they have been unsuccessful. Please contact the below email for updates if needed.
If interested, please click apply or email a copy of your CV to email@example.com and quote reference 287