Website Swallowcourt Limited
Position – Registered Nurse
Responsible to – Head of Care
Our remuneration package includes:
- Night enhanced rate of – £3.00 per hour
- Weekend enhancement – 70p per hour
- Enhanced overtime pay (time and a quarter)
- Double pay for Bank Holidays
- Company pension scheme in-line with government initiative
Other benefits include:
- Free meal whilst working
- Free uniform
- Simply health cash plan
- Employee benefits/discount scheme
To work as a skilled member of the nursing team to provide a high standard of holistic patient centred care.
Coordinate care and delivery to ensure the efficient running of the Care Home, whilst being supported by the Head of Care.
To train and guide the care team in excellence of care delivery.
- Provide a high standard of direct nursing care to residents, based on the assessment, planning, evaluation and implementation of the individual resident’s care plan.
- Assume responsibility for the service provided by the care home if the Head of Care/Deputy Head of Care are absent.
- Order, administer and dispense medications in accordance with the medication system within the Care Home.
- Consult a GP or Pharmacist regarding residents’ medication issues and document as appropriate in accordance to the Nursing and Midwifery Council Guidance and company’s policies and procedures.
- Formulate and update residents’ care plans with the participation and consent of the resident, or their representative.
- Liaise with all professionals using their expertise to promote the optimum patient experience. Gain consent and involve the resident in all decisions regarding their care.
- Act as an advocate for the resident and family, providing them with information and support and directing them to the relevant support services where appropriate.
- To demonstrate a professional approach to work and act in accordance with the Nursing and Midwifery Council, Code of Professional Conduct, Care Quality Commission and the homes Policies and procedures.
- To develop and maintain clinical skills and knowledge necessary to provide a high standard of evidence based holistic nursing care.
- To supervise and support all members of the team to ensure all residents receive appropriate care in a timely manner according to the residents individual care plan.
- To ensure care is delivered in a manner sensitive to the individual residents’ needs and wishes, acknowledging and respecting their confidentiality rights and beliefs at all times.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings.
- Any other duties as reasonably expected.
In line with Health and Safety Policy the job holder is expected to;
Take reasonable care of his/her own health, safety and welfare and that of other people who may be affected by his/her actions or omissions.
To comply with health and safety law and Health and safety Policies and Procedures.
Not to misuse or interfere with, intentionally or recklessly, anything provided in the interests of safety.
The job holder is also expected to:
- Act in an honest, responsible and respectful manner to others.
- Be responsible for their own professional conduct and continuing development.
- Comply everywhere and in all circumstances with the laws and regulations connected with their activities.
- Comply with our obligations to our key stakeholders.
- To attend mandatory training as required.
- Registered on NMC register Part 1 or Part 2 – E
- Experience in nursing for Older People – D
- Knowledge and experience with the Gold Standards Framework – D
- Evidence of recent and relevant Professional Development – E
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.