About Brandon Trust
Brandon Trust is an independent charity, supporting around 1,600 children, young people and adults with a learning disability, autism or both. Headquartered in Bristol, we operate across the south of England and south Midlands, from London through Warwickshire to Cornwall. Our support is designed and delivered by a staff team of over 2,000 and underpinned by our values.
Our purpose as a charity is to:
Work alongside people of different ability so they are able to create opportunity and feel empowered to live the life they want.
We provide individualised, high-quality person-centred support that is genuinely life-enhancing. This ranges from light-touch enabling services through to long-term residential care for people with complex needs. We are committed to working with the people we support, and those who surround them, to shape a future where they will be empowered to live their life to its full potential.
Our benefits include:
- Sleep-ins paid at £60 extra (basic salary £10.50 – £10.73 p/h)
- Full training to gain the nationally recognised Care Certificate.
- On-going training and career development including professional qualifications available from day 1
- We cover the cost of DBS checks
- Shopping discounts including Blue Light card, EE perks and Costco membership
- Successfully ‘recommend a friend’ to join us and you’ll receive a thank you payment
- We offer Wagestream – a money management app that gives you access to a percentage of your pay as you earn it.
- Access to wellbeing helplines.
We are looking for individuals who have:
- Have good communication skills
- Have a positive and patient approach
- Be resilient and respect people’s differences
- Be able to build professional relationships
- Work well as part of a team
We have many opportunities at Brandon and look for people who share our ethos. Experience is not essential; we value the personal skills and interests you can bring to the role and lives of people we support.
Our person-centred approach doesn’t just apply to the people we support, but also our staff, who we help to reach their full potential. You’ll be supported by our experience team leaders and locality managers.
Everyone who joins Brandon has a full induction. This includes an introduction to all the functions and lots of useful information about who we are, what we do, and your employment with us. Your induction will then be tailored dependent on the role you’ll be doing, continuing with your team to ensure you’re up to date with all the essential skills that you need.
North and East Cornwall
Service typesExtra Care/Housing Services
Other Community-based Services