What we do with your personal data
Cornwall Council is the data controller (on behalf of Proud to Care Cornwall) for the purposes of the Data Protection Act and other regulations including the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679), which means it determines what your data is used for and why it is collected.
Personal information and data is collected on the Proud to Care Cornwall website when:
- Individuals visit the website and have given their clear consent – all websites do this using Cookies. There is a separate policy for this.
- Care and Health employers fill in a form to submit a job vacancy (including apprenticeships, work experience and volunteering) which includes details of the vacancy, but may also include an individual’s name and contact details.
- We use the information you submit to advertise the vacancy on the website.
- Job vacancies are automatically removed from the website after 30 calendar days.
- We may also use your information in some analysis of how the project is working.
- From time to time we may include you in our marketing activities or share information with the close partners we work with, especially on employment and skills projects. We will ask for your permission prior to doing this.
- Cornwall Council reserves the right to decline, edit or unpublish any job vacancy at any time
The Proud to Care Cornwall website contains a webform which can be used by employers wishing to submit their job vacancy and contact details. When you enter your details on the form, an email is sent directly to a Cornwall Council email address to notify us that a job vacancy has been submitted for approval to
Any data you submit on this form will be used solely by Proud to Care Cornwall and/or Cornwall Council to advertise your vacancy or to contact you in relation to it.
Links to social media
The Proud to Care Cornwall website has links to its social media pages and accounts. Proud to Care Cornwall doesn’t collect any personal data through these links. Please check each social media platform for their privacy policies or contact them directly if you have any questions.
The Proud to Care Cornwall website has links to external websites. Proud to Care Cornwall and Cornwall Council takes no responsibility for the content or data protection on these sites. Please check their privacy policies or contact the organisations directly if you have any questions.
When we may share your data
Proud to Care Cornwall and Cornwall Council may share your information without asking you if:
- the law says we must
- there is a risk of serious harm or threat to life.
Proud to Care Cornwall sometimes stores small files called ‘cookies’ on your computer or other device to help improve your experience on the website. Our cookies cannot be used to identify you personally. Please see our separate Cookies Policy for further information.
How to see the information we hold about you
Under the Data Protection Act, you can ask Proud to Care Cornwall and/or Cornwall Council for the following information:
- confirmation that your personal data is being processed by Proud to Care Cornwall and/or Cornwall Council
- a description and copy of the personal data
- the reasons why the data is being processed
- details of who we have, or might, give it to.
Data Protection Notification
You may view Cornwall Council’s Data Protection Notification by searching for its registration number – Z1745294 – on the Information Commissioner’s website.
Contact the data protection officer
Corporate Governance and Information Team, 4N
New County Hall
V1 (May 2019)