Rainbow Support Limited
About Rainbow Support Limited
The Rainbow Group is a local provider of domiciliary care and specialist support to adults with a learning disability, autism, sensory impairment, physical disabilities, and/or complex care need. The support is given to individuals living in their own home, in their local community.
We provide support services across the County of Cornwall working in partnership with registered social landlords to provide the best quality housing alongside specialist support.
There is a genuine partnership between the people we support and our team.
The people we support are always at the centre of everything we do.
Our team works in partnership with each person, alongside people significant in their lives, to provide care and support. This enables the people we support to make informed choices and decisions, to realise their own potential, and to live their life as independently as they are able to.
We aim to recruit, retain and reward the best support staff from the local area. We use local suppliers whenever possible and we will always endeavour to be environmentally friendly.
Putting people first
We will always put the people we support at the centre of our service delivery thereby ensuring we deliver a service which is based on the wishes of the individual.
We will respect and advocate for their choices and support them to have a voice and be seen and heard in their local communities
Working together for people
We will work collaboratively with the people we support and their families and key agencies, to ensure the service we deliver is reflective of their individual needs and wishes. We will ensure we plan support and care which promotes opportunities for people to learn and develop.
Making things better for everyone
We will ensure that we listen to the people we support; to their ideas for change and improvement and use this to shape the services they receive.
We are committed to continuously improving the services we provide; we will invest in our teams and our services to establish quality services.
We will foster a culture of accountability and ownership to ensure we deliver an outstanding service.
Making a difference
We will value diversity and difference and provide quality services which help the people we support to increase their independence, reach their potential and become valuable members of their local communities.
Join our friendly, enthusiastic team
Our values define us. They influence who we are, what we believe is important in life, the way we live and how we treat people.
In the workplace we believe they are guiding principles that help us deliver exceptional care and outstanding support.
We utilise a values-based approach to recruitment and retention which involves establishing strong workplace values and ensuring that our workforce matches them.
We feel that by doing this it will help to reduce wasted time and resources in recruiting the wrong people.
All employment offers are made subject to full recruitment checks being fulfilled.
Bank staff (zero contracted hours) will be recruited through the same procedures as permanent staff although they will not be given regular contracted hours.
At The Rainbow Group, we appreciate our dedicated and enthusiastic staff team and we will always look for ways to retain and recruit the most committed staff.
For that reason, we offer the following benefits to our teams:
- A competitive wage – The Rainbow group is a member of the ‘Living Wage Foundation’. This is a voluntary organisation which is committed to ensuring that all staff are paid a wage that meets the real cost of living. It is calculated independently of government and it is in excess of the National Minimum Wage.
- 20 days paid annual leave per year plus bank holidays. This increases to 25 days a year dependent upon length of service with the company.
- We pay for all relevant training including e-learning and classroom training.
- We pay for relevant Diploma training for staff.
- We encourage career advancement and team development at every opportunity and will seek to promote internally whenever possible for senior staff positions in our organisation.
- We pay a £50 birthday bonus and a £100 Christmas bonus to all staff as a way to say thank you for their continued commitment to the people we support .
- We will purchase the ‘Blue Light Card’ for all staff who request it. This is an incentive card that can be used by ‘key workers’ which gives discounts on many retailers and restaurants.
Service typesSupported Living