Shared Lives South West
About Shared Lives South West
Share your home. Share your life.
Shared Lives South West is an award-winning charity that delivers long term and short break care services throughout Cornwall.
We provide care and support and are an alternative to supported living and residential care.
Established for more than 15 year, we are a highly regarded care provider,rated Outstanding by the Care Quality Commission.
We have a very strong reputation in the Shared Lives sector for quality, innovation and person-centred approaches.
We specialise in supporting people with learning disabilities, autism, mental health problems, dementia and older people.
People who use our services live or have a break in the home of one of our approved carers. It’s similar to adult fostering and is a great alternative to supported living or residential care.
We are passionate about training and investing in our carers to ensure we deliver high quality services.
· Need care experience or transferrable skills, a spare room and a big heart!
· Provide care and support in their own home
· They need a spare room to provide the care and support
· All SLSW Carers will complete mandatory training and there are other training options to expand their skills to provide the best care they can.
· Carers can provide short breaks or long-term placements
· Matching carers with the person supported is what we do best. We work with the carer to ensure they are part of the process and happy with the person they are matched with.
· You will have the support of a designated Shared Lives Worker.
· SLSW Carers are self-employed and pay will depend on the level of care and support. More details can be found on our website.
At the heart of our organisation are the people who use our services and our amazing carers.
Our vision, purpose and our values
Our Vision: To be the leading Shared Lives provider in the country.
Our Purpose: To make a positive impact on the lives of the people we support.
Our Values: Putting CARE into everything we do…
Community-Working together with a shared purpose and belonging to achieve common goals. Autonomy- Empowering people to take ownership and accountability for decision-making. Resilience- Building the strength and character to embrace change and challenge.
Equity- Giving people what they need to have equal access to opportunities in life.
North and East Cornwall
Service typesDomiciliary/Home Care
Extra Care/Housing Services
Other Community-based Services