About United Response
EXTRAORDINARY TIMES CALL FOR EXTRAORDINARY PEOPLE!
Working at United Response is not just a job – it’s a chance to make life happen, to start a new career that is truly rewarding and ensure that individuals with learning disabilities, mental or physical support needs have the opportunity to live their lives to the full
United Response is a leading national charity that provides support to young people and adults with learning disabilities, autism, mental health needs or physical disabilities. For us, it’s all about ensuring that the people we support have the opportunity to make life happen.
What we need from you:
We are not looking for specific skills or experience, however excellent communication and people skills are a must!
Most of our roles involve elements of weekend and evening work as well as sleep in shifts (for which you will be paid) which means flexibility is required.
Full driving licence would be beneficial.
What you can expect to do:
The role of Support Worker is really varied, it can be anything from helping individuals to learn and develop life skills to helping with their day to day living.
Duties may include the following:
- Helping to provide structure and routine as well as giving encouragement, guidance and support on a daily basis.
- Supporting with jobs around the house.
- Where required, assisting with personal care or medication.
- Providing support to access a range of activities in the community such as going to the pub, cinema, meeting friends or even attending sporting or music events and other skilled activities.
What’s in it for you?
In return for your passion and commitment, we offer an excellent benefits package that includes:
- 20 days paid annual leave (plus 8 bank holidays, pro rata for part time), which increases after 3 and 5 years’ service
- Pension Contribution
- The opportunity to be part of our UR Stars Recognition Scheme
- Access to free occupational health, physiotherapy, counselling and advice services
- Fully paid training and access to nationally recognised qualifications
- Travel to work scheme (season ticket loan)
- Access to an online shopping platform with discounts from over 3,500 retailers
North and East Cornwall
Service typesSupported Living