JOB DESCRIPTION NEW LOCATION !!!!
TO LEAD NEW TEAM AT A NEW OFFICE
Job Title: Care Manager
Hours: 40 hours per week
Location: Launceston , Liskeard, Looe
Reports to: Registered Manager
To provide high quality homecare services that support the rights of clients to live the
lives they choose as far as they are able. The registered manager is directly accountable for the Location management team and to the regulatory body for domiciliary care, the
Care Quality Commission.
• Efficiently manage the day to day running of the company
• Allocate resources and monitor performance to deliver high quality homecare to are service users
• Manage all aspects of the staff team and provide sound leadership to ensure
staff are clear about their respective duties and responsibilities and have the
support they need to carry out their roles safely.
Duties and specific responsibilities
• Manage the day-to-day functionality of the service
• Be responsible for the safe delivery of the service in line with legislative
requirements and company policy and procedures
• Undertake training and development to keep up to date with the law, best
practice and changes in company policy, CQC regulations and government
legislation. Apply this knowledge to day-to-day management and delivery of care.
• Understand and monitor health and safety in the workplace and in the field
• Maintain full and accurate records and reporting systems in accordance with
legal requirements and to ensure the effective running of the business.
• Effectively manage and record complaints and incidents.
• Carry out investigations relating to the quality of the service and use findings to
• Be prepared to work flexibly to ensure the safe delivery of the service
• Provide an excellent service to clients and customers
• Promote the rights of each client and keep their wishes at the centre of their care
• Make sure that prior to each service commencing, a client assessment and risk
assessment with the client, and/or their chosen representatives, has been
completed including what the customer needs and would like to achieve from
their care and support
• Make sure a written individually tailored care and support plan has been created
and agreed, that respects the client’s wishes and promotes their dignity and
privacy. Agree appropriate risk control measures to reduce identified risks
• Provide the client, and where appropriate their representatives, with information
about the service so that they are clear about what to expect and how they can
raise any concerns
• Apply excellent communication skills with clients, their families and
representatives, staff and other health and social care professionals to deliver
high quality homecare services
• Keep all information about clients and their families secure and confidential
• Lead, manage, support and mentor staff
• Adhere to the code of conduct / confidentiality in the office and be respectful of
peers, working cohesively
• Work with the HR Manager to manage the effective recruitment, induction and
training of the coordinator (s), supervisor (s), care workers and other support
• Identify ongoing training needs and ensure staff are up to date with current best
• Ensure there are sufficient numbers of suitably qualified staff allocated
appropriately to meet service needs at all times
• Implement company policy and procedures in relation to managing absence,
disciplinary, capability and grievance matters
• Provide information, guidance and ongoing supervision to enable staff to
effectively and safely carry out their roles.
• Carry out annual appraisals and monitoring of staff performance
• Ensure all emergency on-call issues are dealt with effectively, such as covering
calls either directly or indirectly when care workers are sick or absent
• Promote the business
• Attend external meetings and represent the service in a positive manner
• Participate in the growth and development of the business. Work with the senior
management team to achieve sales targets and deliver within budget
• Provide weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports to the COO and CEO.
• Complete regular monthly audits of client and carer files.
This list is not exhaustive and from time to time you may be required to undertake
This job description will be updated from time to time at the discretion of management
in response to changing business needs.Essential Skills:
WORK EVERY OTHER WEEKEND
BE ON CALL