To provide high standards of holistic person-centred care to each of our service users. Work within a team to ensure that individuals are supported in a manner which promotes their dignity and meets the requirements set by our regulatory and commissioning bodies.
Main duties and responsibilities
- To support the holistic care and support needs of our service users, including personal care, continence, nutrition, psychological, and social.
- To work in a manner which promotes the privacy, dignity and preferences of our service users.
- Support residents with mobility needs, demonstrating appropriate use of moving and handling equipment in accordance with personalised care plans and organisational policies.
- Maintain accurate records and care documentation in accordance with specific requirements identified by the registered nursing team and the minimum requirements expected of our regulatory and commissioning bodies.
- Assist and support service users as guided by their individual needs, preferences, care plans and risk assessments.
- Contribute towards the planning and implementation of individual care plans for each service user.
- Support the Registered nursing team to undertake physiological measurements and vital signs, reporting abnormalities and concerns to the nurse in charge immediately.
- Maintain clean and safe equipment, undertaking daily cleaning tasks as allocated by senior staff.
- Ensure that bathroom facilities and communal areas are kept clean and tidy.
- Ensure clinical waste is handled and disposed of correctly and in accordance with infection prevention and control procedures.
- Act in a manner which promotes the rights of our service users, demonstrating an awareness of Safeguarding Policy and confidentiality.
- Communicate effectively with the multidisciplinary team, service user group, and members of the wider community, ensuring that professional standards are achieved at all times.
- Demonstrate understanding of the policies and procedures that are in place within Benoni Nursing Home and ensure that personal practice is in accordance with these.
- Demonstrate awareness of Health and Safety and your responsibilities as an employee, reporting concerns promptly to your line manager.
- Demonstrate professionalism, punctuality, and good conduct within your role.
- Undertake training relevant to your role as planned and requested by the management team
- Ensure that the Care Certificate is completed as a minimum level of training within induction and probationary period.
- Work within professional boundaries and your scope of confidence and competence, seeking senior support as required.
- Attend appraisals, team meetings and supervisions as requested by the Matron and management team.
- Any other reasonable request given by the Matron or member of the management team.
- Satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check
- At least two satisfactory references, including one from previous employer
- Punctual, ensuring any absence is reported in accordance with the correct procedure requested by Benoni Nursing Home.
- Flexibility within working practices, covering duties in accordance with the provision of care for our service users, including weekdays, weekends, nights and bank holidays.
- Effective time management/manage own workload.
- Ability to work under own initiative.
- Effective team worker.
- Compassionate, enthusiastic, and motivated.
- People person with good communication skills.
- Willing to learn.