To supervise and lead the nursing care of our service users, demonstrating excellence in the provision of nursing care in accordance with current best evidence-based practice. Lead our healthcare team in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of holistic person-centred plans of care. Oversee the clinical monitoring of physiological measurements, administration of prescribed medications, and provision of required nursing interventions.
A Registered Nurse will be expected to provide clinical leadership and demonstrate the capacity to assist the Matron in undertaking daily management of the Home and organisation. A Registered Nurse will be expected to work competently in accordance with the organisation’s policies and procedures, fulfilling the requirements of their professional code of conduct.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Deliver a high standard of clinical, holistic, and person-centred care within Benoni Nursing Home, ensuring that practice is based upon current evidence-based approach.
- Demonstrate effective leadership to our team of healthcare assistants, offering clinical supervision, and supporting the Matron in the assessment of individual competency and performance.
- Effectively mentor the Assistant Practitioners and student nurses within our organisation, delegating clinical tasks in accordance with their scope of practice, whilst supporting them in the development of their clinical competence.
- Lead in the process of developing holistic, person-centred care plans for our service users, ensuring their care needs are appropriately identified with clear support plans formulated to address these.
- Ensure that prescribed medications are administered correctly in accordance with prescribing instructions and regulatory requirements.
- Undertake clinical interventions as appropriate and required, including (but not limited to) venepuncture, cannulation, catheterisation, enteral feeding, intra-venous administration of medication, wound management, preparation of sub-cutaneous infusions, and verification of death.
- Demonstrate competence in the management of First Aid provision and Basic Life Support.
- Demonstrate competence in clinical assessment utilising an A to E approach in identifying deterioration, showing awareness of the identification and treatment of sepsis markers.
- Support the Matron in daily management of the organisation, working towards ensuring the organisation’s aims and philosophy of care are promoted and achieved.
- Demonstrate awareness and understanding of mental capacity, deprivation of liberty, and safeguarding vulnerable adults. Be aware of the processes in which referral within each of these areas take place in accordance with the organisation’s policy and regulatory requirements.
- Refer and liaise with members of the multidisciplinary tea, where need identifies a requirement for specialist advice and support.
- Build effective professional relationships with our service users and their family or significant others, ensuring that they are involved and informed within the planning and evaluation of care provision.
- Any other reasonable management request.
- Active and unencumbered registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Council.
- Maintenance of a professional portfolio, evidencing reflection and development to achieve the necessary requirements for nursing revalidation of practice through the Nursing and Midwifery Council.
- Previous experience in providing care for the elderly and for individuals with complex chronic conditions.
- Evidence of a commitment to the completion of mandatory training and the continuing professional development.
- Effective communication skills.
- Clear, concise, and accurate documentation skills.
- Effective leadership and supervisory skills.
- Demonstration of professionalism through personal practice, with good attendance, performance, integrity and conduct.
- Flexibility in accordance with the service demand and nature of shift work, including weekdays, weekends, nights, and bank holidays.