Join learning disability charity Brandon Trust as a support worker and discover a genuinely rewarding role. You’ll support four people with a learning disability, at home and in the community to live life in the way they choose.
Our benefits include:
- Sleep-ins paid at £60 extra (basic salary £11.15 – £11.40 p/h)
- Full training to gain the nationally recognised Care Certificate.
- On-going training and career development including professional qualifications available from day 1
- We cover the cost of DBS checks
- Shopping discounts including Blue Light card, EE perks and Costco membership
- Successfully ‘recommend a friend’ to join us and you’ll receive a thank you payment
- We offer Wagestream – a money management app that gives you access to a percentage of your pay as you earn it.
- Access to wellbeing helplines.
About the role
Working in our friendly team in Penryn, you’ll enable and support two ladies and two gentlemen with a learning disability to live life in the way they choose. They enjoy a variety of activites from cinema, pamper sessions, walking, pubs, cafes, and much more – there’s lots of variety.
You’ll provide person-centred support in all aspects of everyday life, including supporting with personal care and medication needs.
To find out more about the role visit our main website.
Successful applicants for this role will require an enhanced DBS check.
Brandon reserves the right to close this job when sufficient applications have been received.
We are an Equal Opportunities employer and welcome applicants from all sections of the community.Our ideal candidate:
You’re considerate, committed, resilient and respect people’s differences. Empathetic, you adapt your approach to individuals’ needs, have good communication skills and a positive, patient approach. You can build professional relationships and have a ‘can-do’ attitude. All support workers work flexible shifts to provide a 24/7 service to the people we support including evenings and weekends.
You have the option of working additional hours or sleep-ins in a range of services - paid at £60 extra per sleep-in.