An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Deputy Manager to join Benoni Nursing Home. We are seeking an individual to support the Registered Manager with the next phase of development at the home whilst maintaining our caring and compassionate culture. As an experienced Registered Nurse either stepping up into this new role or moving into/within the Nursing Home setting, you will bring your professional clinical skills, passion for working with the elderly, and pride in developing staff into our Home.
Compassion, warmth, and kindness are the highest priorities for all of our highly trained staff; you will have plenty of time to form relationships with the residents, while still having plenty of time to pursue your own personal life. We take great pride in the training and development programme that we offer our employees. We believe in career and educational development that will enhance your portfolio of nursing skills.
The main responsibilities of this role include:
- To positively support the Registered Manager in providing leadership to the administration, care, catering, housekeeping, laundry and maintenance functions of the service
- To deputise for the function of the Registered Manager during their absence, while, at all times, supporting the decisions made by the Registered Manager
- To maintain skills at a current level and undertake such training and development as may from time-to-time be required to maintain that currency of practice
- To manage the service in accordance with standards agreed with the Registered Manager, the Registered Provider, legislative requirements, relevant regulations and in line with accepted best practice, and within the financial plans agreed from time-to-time with the Registered Provider
- The main requirements for this role are:
Must be a registered nurse (current PIN number with NMC)
- Ensure service users are at the heart of the care delivery and their wishes and preferences enhance their wellbeing
- The efficient and effective day-to-day management of the human resources involved in providing care through the staff team and ensuring that the required standards are maintained
- Ensuring all recording systems and organisational documentation are of a high standard and kept up to date
- To ensure all staff at the service receive formal supervision and appraisals
- Oversee the duty rota monthly in advance, ensuring the correct number of staff and skill mix as needed
- Be responsible for promoting and protecting the welfare of those individuals supported by the service
As a Deputy Manager within our team, alongside a supportive and welcoming environment, you will benefit from:
- Competitive rates of pay, band 6/7 starting salary of £36,504 based upon a full time 36-hour contract, with regular incremental review up to Band 7
- Enhanced rates of pay for nights, weekends and overtime
- 7 weeks annual leave not including bank holiday and public holidays
- Rewarding NEST pension scheme offering enhanced employer contributions
- A free meal whilst on duty
- Funded mileage allowance
- Free uniform & DBS check
- A robust training programme, offering access to continuing professional development
- GOLDEN HANDSHAKE on commencement.
If any of this sounds appealing, get in touch with us for some further information. John Clemens: Matron Registered Manager or Kate Rossall: Business Support Secretary for further information on 01736 788433 (option 2).
Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Permanent
Salary: From £36,504.00 per year